ARTICLE 3 – STATEMENT OF BELIEFS
The following Tenets are the foundation of The Apostolic Church in Canada’s faith:
- The one true and living God, who eternally exists in three persons in unity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- The divine inspiration and authority of Holy Scripture.
- The original perfection of creation; the inherent corruptness of humanity through the Fall; the necessity of repentance and regeneration by grace and through faith in Christ alone, and the eternal separation from God of the finally unrepentant.
- The Virgin Birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and continuing intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ. His second coming and eternal kingdom reign.
- The Justification and sanctification of believers through the finished work of Christ, their security as they remain in Him and their future resurrection in an incorruptible body.
- The Sacraments of Baptism by immersion and of the Lord’s Supper.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit for believers with supernatural signs empowering the Church for its mission in the world.
- The gifts of the Holy Spirit for the building up of the Church and ministry to the world.
- Christ’s leadership of the Church through Apostles, Prophets, Evangelists, Pastors, Teachers and elders for the unity, maturity and growth of the Church.
- The privilege and responsibility of wise stewardship of all that God has given, including the practice of tithes and offerings to the local church.